Tuesday, July 10, 2007

a craft fair primer

The summer indie craft fair season is in full swing which usually leads right into the holiday craft fair season. Around this time, I find myself checking the calender for craft fair deadlines, waiting for acceptance notices, making tons of stuff, and of course... going to craft fairs.

When I first started, I had no idea what to do. I approached the craft fair like a yard sale and tried to think of what I would need. Needless to say, I brought too much of some things, entirely forgot other essential items and otherwise felt unprepared. Now that I have been around the craft fair block for a while, I find myself answering questions from others who are just starting out, wanting to know what to bring and how it otherwise, all works.

I decided to create a place where I could answer all those questions while also giving people other useful, craft-related information. I hope to show examples of good booth set-ups, craft fair announcements (and reviews), a craft fair checklist, and any other crafty advice I can think of. If there is something specific you want to hear about or if you have your own suggestions, please let me know. Otherwise, enjoy!

1 comment:

jessica m. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.